Holy Trinity Church

The Holy Trinity Church in Dartford was built by Bishop Gundulf of Rochester around the year 1080. During the reign of King Henry III, between the years 1216-1272, the building was significantly enlarged to accommodate a new chapel, of which was dedicated to St Thomas of Canterbury. A document for the building dated 1453 confirms the church administered its own cemetery, which is situated right next to the church building and is still there standing today. The year 1485 saw a mural of St George slaying the dragon painted on the east wall of St Mary’s chapel, which can still be admired by those within the church.